Sunday, February 21, 2010

Pizza Night

Trader Joe's wheat pizza dough

After cooking the crust, I put on the sauce, cheese, and pepperoni.
The final product
Gabe's in charge of cutting the pizza.

As I've mentioned in my "Favorite Things" posting, I absolutely love Trader Joe's. Besides the hoards of people you have to deal with at most west LA locations, it's such a fun experience in grocery shopping. I'm always finding great new items that are better and cheaper than grocery store equivalents. One of the best things I've found from Trader Joe's is the pizza dough and I buy it more often than I should. I prefer the wheat dough, although the white is also good. Gabe loves pepperoni and while I'd prefer sausage and mushroom, this is one of the examples of "compromise" in our marriage. I've recently started cooking the crust before putting the sauce and toppings on, which makes it crispier and even more delicious.

6 comments:

Christine said...

Love this post! Your pizza looks so different than mine! Do you use a rolling pin? I try to do the flip in the air method. When I went to get my dough the other day the cashier got into a fight with the guy behind me. The cashier was asking me how I stretched the dough out and the guy behind me got impatient and complained! The cashier raised his voice at him and was like, "Calm down! You are okay! You are going to be fine! You need to calm down!"

Valerie said...

Haha! Yes, I use a rolling pin and roll it for a long time until it gets really thin. But it always turns into a rectangle. It works for us though since we don't have a round pizza pan. I know, yours looks so different from mine! I'll have to try your method sometime.

Unknown said...

Yum, delicious! This blog is making me hungry...
PS- Is that a goatee I see on Gabe?

Sarah said...

do you put cheddar on your pizza? why does it look so yellow compared to when i make it.

Valerie said...

Thanks, Jess. No, Gabe doesn't have a goatee, it must be a shadow. Sarah, I do put cheddar cheese on it. I usually do half mozzarella and half cheddar.

Sarah said...

it does totally look like gabe has the start of a goatee!