Tuesday, September 28, 2010
Football for Girls
As football season is upon us, I'm sure I'm not the first girl to admit I'm not a huge fan of the game. Gabe and many of my friends love football, so I often find myself watching anyway. And while I have no interest in the sport, I actually enjoy "watching" football. Part of it is probably the tradition that surrounds the sport, the rituals involved, and the fact that football season seems to mark the beginning of Fall and a nostalgic feeling about the upcoming holidays. But beyond that, there are many reason I love watching football which include my own rituals for the game. What do you love about watching football?
1. Barbecues at Bunz' house- Bunz is an excellent cook and his barbecues always involve a lavish spread of chef quality food. Food makes me happy.
2. Reading gossip and fashion magazines.
3. Watching for celebrities in the stands (more specifically, Gisele).
4. Eating my weight in chips and dip and for some reason not feeling guilty about it.
5. The commercial game (guessing what they're advertising before it's shown-I clean up at this game).
6. Did I mention the food?