Thursday, December 30, 2010

Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake

 chopped Reese's peanut butter cups
 oreo cookie crust



In general, I'd call myself a traditionalist.  But this year I decided to stray from the typical "holiday desserts" and go with something that I've always wanted to bake- a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake.  I have to say it was one of my favorite desserts I've made to date.  It was rich, creamy, and decadent-all the things I look for in a holiday dessert.  I used this recipe, but changed the topping into a chocolate mixture (I melted 5 ounces of milk chocolate chips with 1/4 cup sour cream over the stove, stirring constantly, then spread it over the cheesecake and refrigerated overnight).  If you're a peanut butter/chocolate lover, I highly recommend this for your next dinner party. 

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks amazing!

Danielle (elleinadspir) said...

My husband would love this. Maybe New years eve...

Same Sweet Girl: Memoir of a Southern Belle said...

YUMMMM!!!! Two of my favorite things! Cheesecake and Reeses cups. Wonder how I could make that gluten free. I shall figure it out!

Gabriel said...

This cheesecake is AWESOME! It is one of the best things you have ever made! I'm ready for anotherone!

Kristen said...

oh.my.god. yessssss. chocolate + PB = best combo ever!

Elle Sees said...

you're gonna kill me! that looks AMAZING!
and the oreo crust looks glittery!

Anna Walker said...

Wow! That must be a crazy rich dessert!
I can't believe you make this kind of confections all of the time! Congrats! :)

http://annawalker1992.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

OH YUM. I just printed the recipe. :)

Annie said...

You did it again - this looks AMAZING. I love the combination and it looks soooo rich and creamy. Wow, nice work!

Happy 2011! xo

Connie @ SogniESorrisi said...

Oh, that looks like heaven right there!

Marcie said...

You are on fire with your baking! I feel like every week you are creating something delicious and adventurous!

I love a cheesecake. It is my downfall, really. It goes right to the hips, but I don't care. It is so worth it.

M

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

That is my idea of a DREAM dessert!

Unknown said...

Yummmm! Looks amazing, and super rich, which makes it that much better!

Happy New Year dear:-)

Erica said...

OMG, Val this looks like HEAVEN! I'm such a peanut butter and chocolate lover.

Nikki said...

Wow Valerie, I love all these recipes you are making! Each one looks better than the next! I know I would love this cake!

xx
Nikki

Laura said...

Omg this is making me salivate!!

Josie said...

Mmmmm, definitely a must-try! I'm a sucker for anything involving Oreos.
xo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

Siri said...

Oh I missed your blog : )

Oh, My Darling said...

Yum, this might be the definition of sinfully good.