Friday, April 30, 2010
2. Juicy Couture Basic Linen Drawstring Pant $128
3. Forever 21 Linen Breeze Pant $22.80
4. Banana Republic Linen/Cotton Sophisticate Skirt $69.50
5. Forever 21 (Heritage) Adria Linen Short $19.90
6. Forever 21 Linen Grain Belted Skirt $17.80
7. Central Park West Seaside Linen Blazer $152
8. Free People Long Seam-Detailed Linen Blazer $128
9. Free People Benji's Linen Crocheted Racerback Romper $98
I've recently noticed linen popping up everywhere (in shorts, button down tops, blazers, and especially pants). I've picked up a few of these items, but right now I'm dying for a pair of white linen pants to complete my "linen wardrobe" for summertime. I'd love to wear them with a simple tank, flat sandals and a big floppy straw hat. This fabric is so versatile it can be perfect for the office, the beach, or anywhere in between. Have a great weekend, everyone!
Thursday, April 29, 2010
Wednesday, April 28, 2010
2. Topshop Asymmetrical Frill Dress $80
3. Forever 21 Drawstring Empire Waist Tunic $17.80
4. Topshop Slouch Pocket Tank $125
5. Topshop All Over Lace Blouse $65
6. Forever 21 Free Flowy Woven Top $22.80
7. Generra Solid Raw Edge Detail Blouse $122.99 (sale)
We all know that bright colors are all the rage this season, but pastels are a fun/pretty alternative when we want some versatility in the color department. The pale yellow is my favorite pastel and I'm hoping to scoop up a few items in this color before leaving for our Kauai vacation in a few weeks.
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Beyond Vintage Lace Dress $255
Stuart Weitzman Avignon Peep Toe Pumps $325
Banana Republic Genevieve Earrings $35
Banana Republic Sea Mist Ring $49.50
(I originally noticed this ring on BonBon Rose Girls but of course I missed the sale).
Jessica Jensen Classic Envelope Clutch $135
With wedding season surrounding us, I find myself constantly eyeing pretty Spring dresses such as this. The lace, blush color, and scalloped edges would be perfect for a Spring wedding. It's sweet and feminine while still being comfortable enough to allow you onto the dance floor. Now bring on the wedding cake and champagne!
Monday, April 26, 2010
A few weeks ago when I was picking an out an outfit in my closet with Gabe in the next room, I proclaimed, "What would I do...without my boyfriend jeans?". My boyfriend jeans have become a huge part of my life and wardrobe. They're always there for me when I want something comfortable to wear. I don't necessarily think they're flattering but they're stylish and easy and that counts for a lot in my book. Gabe poked his head in the closet, looking deflated and said, "I thought you were going to say, 'What would I do without you?'" Well, needless to say, we both had a good laugh because suddenly my boyfriend jeans had taken precedence over my husband. In reality, of course I prefer my husband over these jeans, but the point is that they're both important. Right?
Gabe had this weekend off, which is always so exciting for us. We ran many errands and were quite productive as well as having dinner at Sushi Roku (our favorite), going for a bike ride on our beach cruisers, and getting some new books at the library. What did you do this weekend?
Friday, April 23, 2010
Vera Wang Lavendar Label
I've been eyeing these Vera Wang jellies for a while now and wondering if I could justify spending $95 on shoes made of plastic. Well, I'm so glad I held out because I just found these from Forever 21 for $9.80. Score!
Thursday, April 22, 2010
Michael Michael Kors Lucite Bracelet watch $225
Aqua Lucite and Gold Chain Necklace $38
ABS by Allen Schwartz Lucite Bib Necklace $225
Aqua Multi Chain and Lucite Bead Necklace $55
New York & Company Lucite Short Necklace $19.95
Gemma Redux Lucite and Chain Messy Bracelet $318
Aqua Chunky Lucite Drop Necklace $28
Tessyla on Etsy Mallory$26.50
How could anyone not love huge clear lucite beads? I'm certainly a fan and am especially fond of the Michael Kors Lucite watch. Michael Kors does it every time. I'm definitely in the market for one of these and with the current Bloomingdales sale situation, I might have to purchase something from my list.
Wednesday, April 21, 2010
I've literally had this dress for 9 years and still love it! I bought it somewhere on Melrose.
On a side note, all fashion designers (professionally trained or self-taught) who are interested in being on Season 2 of Bravo's "The Fashion Show"Hosted by Isaac Mizrahi, there's an open casting call in a city near you (Seattle, Los Angeles, Austin, NYC, and Chicago). My friend Kati is doing the casting and is looking for people with a vision and design skills. Check it out if you're interested!
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
1. I love the library. People give me funny looks when they see me reading library books, but I don't care. I absolutely adore the entire experience of going to the library, browsing all the wonderful books, choosing practically as many as I want (I still haven't figured out if there's a limit to how many books you can check out) and bringing them home to figure out which one to start reading. And all this for FREE! It's one of my favorite activities. Also, I love the smell. (Carrie Bradshaw)
2. Ferris Bueller's Day Off has always been my favorite movie. I can literally quote it from beginning to end. On one of my first dates with my husband I asked him what his favorite movie was and he said "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" without any hesitation. I was in love.
3. When I ask for your opinion on something, I almost always do the opposite. I'm not trying to be contrary, I just know what I wanted you to say and you said the wrong thing. Don't be a baby and let it hurt your feelings.
4. I'm a morning person. Most days I'm up by 4:30am and in bed by 9:00pm.
5. I love smiling. It's my favorite.
6. I hate surprises. I like to know what I'm getting myself into at all times. It took a while for Gabe to believe me on this one.
7. I met my husband on Spring Break in Cabo San Lucas when I was in college. At the time he lived in Denver and I lived in Los Angeles and although he visited me a few times after the trip, we lost touch soon after. I ran into him 5 years later in Venice Beach (he had moved to LA) and we've been together ever since.
Now I'd like to pass this award on to the following beautiful bloggers. Check them out!
Bren at Chasing Beauty
Marcie at Lemons and Laundry
Jessica at Aberrantmoda
Monday, April 19, 2010
Friday, April 16, 2010
Thursday, April 15, 2010
We've all seen the vintage Tiffany key necklaces everywhere recently and how could anyone not love them? The one shown above is my personal favorite, but I'd take any of them if it came down to it. The price tag doesn't exactly work for my current budget, so I found the necklace shown above from Forever 21 to get me through my key phase. 60% of the time, it works every time.
Wednesday, April 14, 2010
Forever 21 Classic Silk Shirt $29.80
Delias Taylor Jean Shorts $34.50
Mossimo Penny Suede Flat Sandals $22.99
Forever 21 Floppy Sun Hat $10.80
Gap Jute Belt-$19.50
Forever 21 Gold Aviators $5.80
Forever 21 Vanguard Cuff $10.80
Forever 21 Intrigue Leatherette Tote $27.80
Forever 21 Dimpled Circle Chain Necklace $6.80
After 4 years of living by the beach, I've started to develop what I'd consider a very casual uniform. Usually this involves a t-shirt or tank top with boyfriend jeans or shorts, flip flops and an enormous handbag. In the summer I throw sundresses into the mix as well, but you get the picture. I've been trying to branch out a bit for the last few summers and try new looks with something other than sundresses or tank tops and pairing white shorts with a bright button down is one of my new favorite looks. This outfit would be perfect for a summertime lunch or daytime outing at the beach.
Tuesday, April 13, 2010
Monday, April 12, 2010
In other news, I received my first award last week from the fabulous Katie from Fashion's Maven. Thank you so much, Katie! I'd like to pass this award to the following amazing bloggers. Check out their blogs!
Kati at Daily Rant
Leslie at Lemon Sweet Life
Heather at Heather in a Candy Shop
Nicole at My Honey and Bunnies
Brooke at Better Cake Than Sorry
Enjoli at Enj Loves Sparkles
Friday, April 9, 2010
dinners with girlfriends
Whenever I'm having a stressful day and need to decompress and relax I turn to a few different activities to aid in my mental (and sometimes physical) health. These are a few of my favorite relaxation/unwinding/mental health activities:
going to the beach
chats/activities with my husband, girl friends, family, etc
reading a good book
I'm hoping to do lots of relaxing over the weekend. What are your favorite ways to relax?
Thursday, April 8, 2010
Charlie Sequin Dress $495
Lola Sequin Tank Dress $550
Casey Cluster Sequin Dress $485
Molly Mod Dress with Belt $396
Alice and Olivia dresses are like old trusty friends who never let you down. Every year, they get better and better and you can always fall back on them when in need of something amazing to wear to a wedding/shower/cocktail party. And while I don't have any big formal events in my near future, I'll be eyeing these from afar while I try to think of an occasion that could make me justify buying one.